I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!! Christmas is by far my most favourite time of year. I LOVE everything about it, the smells, the food, the wine, the excuse to go overboard on all of the above…
I have ummd and ahhd over doing a post like this. I personally love to read them and I never feel that people are “bragging”. So, I’m not doing the standard disclaimer. If you like to read these posts, please read on, however if you are likely to be offended or feel negative on the back of it, please skip this one and read another one of my posts instead ;)…
My friends and family go hard at Christmas. They are always ridiculously generous and thoughtful and I can’t thank them enough for their kindness. Here is a little peak at what I was lucky enough to receive….
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar anti-blemish system. I’ve wanted to try the Effaclar Duo for ages and this set my lovely Mum picked up is a bonus as it contains a cleanser and toner also to try out.
- Clarins goodies. Clarins is one of my favourite skincare brands as I feel it just works for my skin type. This year I received the Pure Melt Cleansing Gel, one of my cult cleansers, Clarins Double Serum, my third bottle of this since it launched and Clarins UV Plus Day Screen which I am pleased to introduce to my new daily routine.
- My Mum and Dad also picked me up some masks from Sephora whilst we were in Florida including the Peter Thomas Roth Mask Minis (so cute!!) and the Sephora Bubble Mask which I am excited to try out.
- Sunday Riley Luna Oil. CANNOT wait to try this, I have heard so many amazing things, I hope I am not disappointed.
- Sisley Eye Mask Contour. I have tried numerous samples of this and couldn’t justify the extremely high price tag no matter how much I loved the product, so when my lovely boyfriend went out and surprised me with this I almost screamed.
- Origins bits. Origins as a brand produce some amazing skincare products and I’m always particularly fond of their Christmas gift sets. This year I received the Dr. Weil Mega Mushroom skincare set; and Origins Superstar Minis gift set which I really love because I LOVE MINIATURES!!
Bath and Body Bits
- Lush gift boxes. It’s not Christmas without some Lush goodies after all.
- Soap & Glory Christmas Crackers. They even contain a joke and a hat – love it!
- Laura Mercier Sweet Temptations Almond Coconut Milk Luxe Body Collection. Let’s take a minute to appreciate its beauty. Heart eyes emoji.
- Aromatherapy Associates The Star.
- This Works Dream Team.
- Body Shop goodies including shower gels, microdermabrasion scrub, body whip and body sorbet.
- The Jo Malone loot to end all Jo Malone loots. First of all can I say, wow! Combined, my amazing family and friends gave me the Jo Malone Townhouse gift set (I can’t stop looking at it), Velvet Rose and Oud Cologne intense, Peony & Blush Suede Shower Oil, Peony Blush and Suede home candle, White Jasmine and Mint bath oil and the Mimosa and Cardamom body creme. Absolutely spoilt rotten.
Make Up Bits
- Sephora surpises. My lovely Mum and Dad surprised me with some Sephora bits (I am so impressed that she ordered online all by herself, but that’s another story). The goodies included Sephora Favourites Lash Stash set, Sephora Favourites Make Up Must Haves, Sephora Collection Contour brush set and ABH Brow Wiz travel set.
- MAC goodies. I have eventually started my very own MAC eyeshadow palette. My parents picked up the shades Woodwinked, Mulch, Patina, Amber Lights, Sable and Sketch to get me more than started. I also acquired the infamous pro longer concealer, mineralise moisture foundation, my favourite eyebrow pencil, a new lip liner in the shade boldly bare, a paint pot in the shade soft ochre and the cult velvet teddy lipstick.
- My parents also surprised me with the Urban Decay Naked palette (cannot believe I didn’t own this one), the Naked Skin concealer and a small version of the Primer potion. So far I am LOVING the Naked Skin concealer. It’s so creamy.
- I love Chanel generally and my family usually gift me some lovely Chanel products at Christmas. This year I received Les Beiges healthy glow sheer powder (that packaging <3) and two eyeliners, the liquid eyeliner and the long wearing waterproof eye liner.
- To complete my extortionate make up gifts, I also was extremely lucky and happy to receive the Nars One Shocking Moment Palette (amazing), Becca under eye corrector, ByTerry Ombre Blackstar eye shadow stick, Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, Hourglass Brow sculpting pencil and Hourglass Luminous Bronzer.
- My main present from my wonderful man came in this rather exciting Louis Vuitton box. The sly fox picked up the Neverfull MM in Damier Ebane for me as he knew I had been lusting after it for the last 2 years. I can’t bring myself to take it out of the box. It’s too special.
- The main presents I received from my parents (I know, they had already given me FAR TOO MUCH) was a wonderful Michael Kors handbag with the matching purse along with a lovely pair of plain Michael Kors black heels which I can’t wait to wear to work.
- My little sister put together this really thoughtful night in style gift with cute silk pjs, a box of Hotel Chocolat chocs, a bottle of wine with festive wine glass and a book on Quidditch to read. So thoughtful!
- Jewellery is always a staple gift for me at Christmas and this year was no exception and I was given a beautiful Tiffany key necklace, a new Pandora bracelet with a rose gold clasp and some rose gold charms and some wonderfully cute Tinkerbell earrings that my Mum got me in Florida.
- Pug bits and pieces. I LOVE pugs and am hoping to get one in 2016 when we move house and have a bit more room for one. So to keep me going to then, my family and friends got me lots of pug presents including a pug puppy statue from my Aunt and Uncle, a pug money box from the secret santa in work, pug pens, socks and a coin purse. I obviously talk ALOT about pugs.
- Sweets sweets and more sweets. Mandatory Christmas presents along with the several bottles of wine I also received.
- My best friend also picked me up this absolutely AMAZING Alice in Wonderland teapot which I will be keeping in a safe place as I love it so much. It goes wonderfully with this funky cup that my parents got for me.
- Finally, I have been going on about getting my hands on a Nutcracker statue for ages to add to my Christmas decoration collection at home and coincidentally my cousin picked up this amazing version for me which is exactly what I had been looking for.
I know this is absolutely extortionate and I can’t get my head around how generous and kind everyone has been. I can’t express my gratitude enough. I am so lucky to have such wonderful people around me. I also have enough products to keep blog posts going for the next year!
What did you all receive from Santa this year?