A few weeks ago, I shared that my skin had become rather dry of late. With dryness usually comes dullness – an awful combination!! For me, the best way to combat dull skin is to ensure you have a good exfoliation system within your skincare routine so, when the amazing gals at Alpha H sent across the newest launch, an exfoliating and resurfacing cleanser, I couldn’t wait to test it out to see if it could bring back my healthy glow.
Everything that Alpha H seem to touch turns to gold. Their Liquid Gold is second to none at clarifying and brightening the skin and I have heard amazing things about their Instant Facial and Balancing Eye Complex.
So did this new launch live up to the extensive claims?
What’s the initial deal?
As always, the packaging is super chic and lust worthy. The cleanser comes housed in a simple white squeeze tube which has the brand’s chic gold accent branding on the front. The cream itself is not too thick, not too runny, a very luxurious consistency. It spreads well across the face meaning that a small amount only is needed to cleanse the entire face.
So what’s in it?
The cleanser is packed full of amazing, active ingredients such as:
- Lime Pearl (also known as Microcitrus Australasica Fruit Extract)- a new natural source of AHA, extracted from Australian Caviar Lime, it is rich in organic, citric acids which help stimulate the skin and encourage cell renewal;
- Shea Butter and Hyaluronic acid to inject moisture and hydration;
- Combination Hydroxy Acids further enhance the process of cell renewal and exfoliation, allowing dead skin cells to be quickly sloughed away without abrasion;
- Glycolic Acid to deeply clean the skin’s pores; and
- Lactic and Citric Acids help boost the skin’s ability to retain moisture, plumping the skin as they go.
What does it do?
The list of benefits associated with this cleanser is not to be sniffed at. Alpha H claim that this cleanser can:
- Remove make up and impurities;
- Boost the skin’s hydration levels;
- Resurface the skin;
- Improve skin’s texture;
- Stimulate cell renewal whilst boosting elasticity and firmness;
- Allow for deeper penetration of serums and oils after use;
- Reduce the appearance of pores, fine lines and wrinkles;
- Reduce the appearance of discolouration from sun damage; and
- Prime the skin before using make up, creating a flawlessly smooth base.
The cleanser can even be used as a mask if left on for an extra 5 minutes or so!! Impressive right?
How do you use it?
To use, I massage a 20p size amount of product onto dry skin then emulsify by adding some warm water (avoiding the sensitive eye and lip area). I rinse off with a warm flannel and I’m good to go!
Who is it for?
Those with normal skin, dry skin and acne prone skin would all benefit from this amazing cleanser. Those with mature skin may also find that it is for them given the cleanser’s ability to plump fine lines and wrinkles.
How much will it set me back?
This cleanser comes in at £36.95 for 100ml of product, making it relatively expensive. That being said the amount of natural, active ingredients that can be found in this cleanser more than makes up for the price. There are no nasty filler ingredients, so your money is getting you high quality skincare ingredients.
What is the final verdict?
This cream cleanser felt super luxurious straight out of the gate. Despite the long list of very active ingredients, it felt super hydrating and nourishing on the skin from first use. It felt like the cleanser was working deep into my pores to get rid of impurities and my skin felt super clean after use. Make up glided on after use and the dry area around my nose that had previously seen make up cling to it, had disappeared.
There was no stinging or irritation when using this product. In fact, it felt very gentle on my skin which surprised me given the ingredient list. After use my skin didn’t feel tight, stripped or irritated. It looked plump, glowing and brighter and felt nourished and hydrated.
I personally prefer to use this product as a second cleanser and to use it every other day and that seems to be working wonders with my skin.
It’s a huge hit for me!!
You can pick Alpha H up online here or at key stockists such as QVC, Marks and Spencer Beauty, ASOS and Beautybay or Cult Beauty.
What are your favourite products for dull skin? Tell me in the comments below!
Thanks for reading!
This post contains gifted items. All opinions and thoughts are, as always, 100% my own.
Leave a Reply